Cost: Free – Upgrades available
Upgrades: 4 plans exist depending on whether you want to:
- Land your dream job.
- Grow and nurture your network.
- Unlock sales opportunities.
- Find and hire talent.
Each plan has specific tools to optimise your experience for your purpose. Prices range from £23.99-£77.94 per month.
Availability: Accessed via a web browser or as a mobile app from the Apple Store or Google Play.
What is it?
LinkedIn is the worlds largest social networking site for professionals (300+ million users) which aims to connect people based on their profiles (experience, expertise and qualifications). You create a profile where you can display your skills, work expereince, interests and many more features in order to be found and find individuals or companies. Within LinkedIn there are also interest specific groups and networks which are great ways to network with others within your sector. Many companies and agencies now advertise jobs in and actively headhunt using LinkedIn.
All of the posts generated from the members of your network is fed to you linkedIn page in a Twitter/Facebook style feed.
For more information on how to setup a LinkedIn account, click here.
How to Make a Good Profile
- Make sure your LinkedIn profile is 100% complete, an incomplete profile looks unprofessional and untidy.
- If you add a photo make sure it represents you professional persona
- Make sure you make your profile ‘Public’. or no one will see it.
- Take the time to request LinkedIn recommendations fro your colleagues
- Join any relevant groups
It is important that your LinkedIn profile is compleat and detailed (and up to date). Consider your linkedIn profile your online CV.
- 22 Top Tips to Effectively Raise Your Profile on LinkedIn
- 18 Tips to Create Your Perfect LinkedIn Profile (Infographic)
- LinkedIn Resume Builder – generate a CV from your LinkedIn profile with just a couple of clicks.
- LinkedIn Maps – visualise & explore your LinkedIn connections.
- DropIn – take a break from work and play LinkedIn Tetris.