Video content can be uploaded directly onto the universities MediaSite system (the lecture capture system). From there the videos can be shared with others through links or embedding into websites and other systems such as the VLE.
MediaSite is the University’s media delivery and streaming platform
- Uploading Media [Webpage]
- Uploading Media with a Mobile Device [Webpage]
- Basic Editing with Mediasite [Webpage]
- Advanced Editing with Mediasite [Webpage]
- Publishing to VideoLeeds [Webpage]
- Sharing with an Individual or Group [Webpage]
An alternative to using the universities MediaSite system videos can also be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo. A possible reason for this choice would be that a WordPress.com websites will remove all content embedded using the ‘iframe‘ embed code. both YouTube and Vimeo being an exception due to the integration of YouTube into WordPress. For a YouTube/Vimeo video to appear all you need to do is paste the YouTube/Vimeo URL into the text editor and WordPress will recognise this.
Note: Some other services (e.g. SlideShare) can also do this. Look for a specific WordPress embed shortcode to copy/paste rather than the longer ‘iframe’ embed code.
- Uploading Media [YouTube]
- Editing Media [YouTube]
- Uploading, Editing and Sharing Media in YouTube [PDF]