Higher Education Academy (HEA) Guides
Jisc have produced a lot of guidance on Assessment and Feedback over the years a selection can be seen bellow.
- Improving student assessment
- Changing assessment and feedback practice
- Electronic Management of Assessment (project page)
- Electronic management of assessment (guide)
- Electronic Management of Assessment (EMA): a landscape review (pdf)
- Enhancing student employability through technology-supported assessment and feedback
- Feedback and feed forward
- Effective Assessment in a Digital Age
- The Design Studio, dynamic web-based toolkit from JISC
National Union of Students (NUS) guide
The ‘Assessment and feedback benchmarking tool’ is the latest in a series of publications from the National Union of Students aimed at improving the quality of feedback and assessment in education. See my post on this for a download link.
Other Educational Organisations Resources
- SMARTS Project eAssessment Resources (University of Hull): A thematic curation of sector resources
- Technology, Feedback, Action! (a research project at Sheffield Hallam funded by the Higher Education Academy) – including best practice recommendations for the use of technology to help students engage with their feedback.
- Transforming Assessment (Australian learning and teaching council fellowship)
- REAP project (Re-engineering assessment practices)
The Open University’s Centres for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
Papers and Articles
- Stuart Hepplestone, Graham Holden, Brian Irwin, Helen J. Parkin & Louise Thorpe (2011): Using technology to encourage student engagement with feedback: a literature review, Research in Learning Technology, 19:2, 117-127
- Electronic Management of Assessment: a landscape review (PDF, 923 kB), Dr Gill Ferrell, August 2014